Pink

Pink

8.17.2010

Black and White and Re(a)d All Over...

That's a line from an old joke circa 1960...something. "What's black and white and red all over?" Answer: THE NEWSPAPER...get it? Oh well...it was funny when I was...five.

Actually, the line came to me when I opened my blog and I noticed that in my tagline, I invite my readers to "...discover the deepest hues of my life." After I tell them that my life is rich in color and texture. Ironic. Because my entire blog (save one small picture of Chief and I) is Black and White. So maybe you will complete the line..."and read all over". Just sayin...

I have been reading a lot of blogs lately. Lots of "stuff" going on. Some are deep and rich is wisdom, written with words full of meaning and double entendre. And some are funny, witty...wickedly creative. I cannot seem to find any of those "things" in my writing right now. Not sure what causes that lack of "wordiness", but I'm looking for it...somewhere. Unfortunately, blog "ideas" come to me in the middle of the night...during a dream or when I simply am not willing to get back out of bed to write. "I'll remember it in the morning" is USUALLY what I say to myself. And of course, I file it away...maybe I'll remember...tomorrow. I hate laziness in my creativity...it makes me see that ugly I-don't-feel-like-it-right-now, apathetic attitude I have all too often these days. I just gotta get outta this funk I'm in.

Oh well...another day...another punch line.

1 comment:

Heli gunner Tom said...

Nice Testimony!
I write a Christian based Blog-- TOM'S JOURNAL, live in Union Grove, WI, retired, Disabled Vietnam Veteran: 68-70, and I share the Gospel of Jesus Christ when ever I can and give away Bibles. I am also on Facebook. Are you ready for the RAPTURE?

Cordially,
Tom Schuckman
tschuckman@aol.com