Pink

Pink

12.07.2007

Baby it's COLD outside!

To coin a phrase from an old '60's song...Baby it's cold outside!! As often is the case here in the frozen tundra in December! It's cold and snowy and cloudy (at least until this afternoon...then it's clear) and crisp...and it SMELLS like winter has arrived. My love for the winter here has often caused a wrinkled nose or a disbelieving raised eyebrow from time to time. Still...don't hate! :~)
I do love the snowy weather. At least through January. I do like it to come and go, as with summer (I do not like the heat!); but, Old Man Winter likes to take his sweet time going back to where he hails...WAY up north! SO...complaining about the weather is like worrying to me. Wasted energy. Nothing I can do about winter. I choose to live here. I like it here.
The cold invigorates me. I sleep better in the cold. I love the hustle and bustle that winter brings. The hot chocolate, hot-hot coffee, great soups and stews...I love to cook in the winter. And the movies. Yeah, that's right...it's major movie time! Curl up on my recliner, in my freshly cleaned house that has homemade orange-cinnamon-clove potpourri simmering on the stove; and watch a glorious old movie. I LOVE those days! I am very sentimental. The movies need to be old...Christmas classics, of course, are the best. Still, it depends on what mood I am at that moment.

Today, it's soup, salad and bread for lunch with a friend...and maybe an old movie with Chief later. Anyone up for a little White Christmas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUK ! !
We are now experiencing this winter (I wonder why we lived here) land. It is nice to see family and new babies, but we still can't figure out why people live here..... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I guess we live here so you guys don't have to! SOMEONE has to live in the Frozen Tundra!

I miss you both and I am positive you are bursting with pride over TWO new babies to love!! Wish we could get together...BUT...we will see you fo'sho' in a few weeks on YOUR turf!!!

Love you guys...have a safe trip back!
JC/BFF