Pink

Pink

3.29.2008

...With a Grateful Heart.

A lack-a-dasical Saturday...sounds enticing, doesn't it? Oh Yeah.

Okay...envision this:

You had company over for dinner last night, so the house is pretty clean. Your wonderful hubby cleaned up the kitchen and did the dishes while you did the last two days of your Bible Study at 7:00 this morning. Home from Bible Study (which was wonderful) around 2:00 and you had a little lunch. You're comfortable. Now look...over there in that corner...a bottle of water, the remote control, the telephone, a cozy blanket and a little pillow all strategically placed around that recliner with your name on it. Ahhhh...HGTV here I come. Well, at least for about twenty minutes...then...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

I show you this comfortable, cozy little picture for no other reason than I really wanted to just write it all out. While I was in my quiet little zzzz-world, I dreamt about this blog. Weird, huh? I was actually thinking about the Bible Study this morning and the teaching for next week. Give Thanks With a Grateful Heart.

Our speaker (you know who you are!) asked us this question: "think of 5 things you are thankful for". We didn't need to speak them outloud, just that we should think of them. My immediate thought was: "I am so thankful for my family. My husband, my children, my grandchildren. I am thankful for my home. I am thankful for my precious friends (you know who you are, too!). I am overwhelmingly thankful for my new church home. I am incredibly thankful for my salvation. Not bad just off the top of my head, if I do say so myself.

Afterwards, we went to see Cheerios, BDILE, (I need a cooler name for you...help me!) Z-man and Flower. Precious!! We tickled and laughed and played with Moon Sand...very cool stuff. I always love the time I get to spend with them...they all make my heart smile. I DID say I was thankful for them! That is one of the reasons why.

Then, home...another one of the things that popped into my head of thankful thoughts.

All of those things were perfectly fine things. Big things. Things EVERYONE would have thought. So...while I am zzzz-ing, I could see in my mind...in that place between sleep and awake where you can hear what's happening around you, but can't really, physically respond...the empty recliner. The water. The remote. The phone. That blanket. I could hear..."aren't you thankful for these things, too?"

Oh my word...YES. For the absolute tiniest thing in my life...I am words-cannot-describe-it thankful. Teacher touched on it for a moment today..."Lord, thank you for that tree...thank you for the melting snow...thank you for my radio..." Things that may never enter your mind when someone asks you that random question: "what are YOU thankful for?"

My recliner on a lack-a-dasical Saturday afternoon in a clean house with a great old movie and a bottle of water. Nothing better to do but...ZZZZZZZZZ...

So, tell me, what are YOU thankful for?

3 comments:

theciskekidsrblessings said...

just 5? its harder for me to stop at 5 things I am thankful for!
1) a husband that will make sacrifices so that the rest of his family can live their dreams.
2)children that were given to me by God, good, bad, or difficult!
3)Living near family, for however long God allows, I soak it in!
4)God giving us a plan in our lives, something to aim towards!
and sorry, for this silly one, its just that at this moment, I am thankful for
5)Migrain headache meds!

JCsings4Him said...

Amen, sister! :~)

Unknown said...

Hey there,

Thanks for sending the link. you sound like a very cool lady and I look forward to visiting your church sometime when I'm in the area.