Pink

Pink

5.07.2008

Coconut...one of my FAVES!

Don't let the title confuse you...this is not about food. Sorry :~)

Once in a while I get these "surveys' from well-meaning friends that ask the same questions that the LAST survey asked which was sent by the same well-meaning friends. Once in a while, one of the questions is: "What are you listening to right now?" Usually every one's answers are the same...music...the click-clack of my keyboard while I type...the kids in the other room...blah, blah, blah.

I am listening to my Myspace Standalone Player. On this particular player (I have three...for now) are songs from my childhood/teen years. The Eagles...The Archies...The Partrige Family...Jack Jones...The Mama's and the Papa's...Queen...Bobby Sherman...you should hear some of these oldies but goodies...if only for the nostalgia. You can check it out...I'll wait. http://www.myspace.com/jcsings4him

I am so wrapped up in music. I love it. I have written about music before, how it can soothe the mind and refresh the soul. I have a particularily eccentric taste in music. I love it all...mostly. Not too keen on banging my head for no apparent reason...seems painful to me.

Usually, when I write about how music moves me, I can apply some spiritual application to it...but today, I am just in love with the music. Not how it applies to my life or that God created it for my pleasure. I am just in need of hearing it today. Kind of like the flowers on the bush in my front yard. I just want to look at their beauty...not examine their place in my spiritual walk. And seeing as how I can't really post a picture of the music, I will give you one of my pretty little flowers.
I guess I just want people to take the time to just listen to the melody and how it blends with the harmony...feel how the rhythm moves you to dance...or sway...or breathe. Relax...rest...close your eyes and let the music bring you to a place of peace...or heighten your sense of complete joy...sing along...LOUDLY...dance...act silly...be serious...whatever! "Cause I get a peaceful, easy feelin', and I know you won't let me down, cause I'm already standin' on the ground!"

Come on...SING WITH ME!

No comments: