Pink

Pink

8.18.2008

I Like it...I Like it a Lot!

So, I thought it was time for a new look. It's been, what, 4 or 5 months since I've changed the face of my blog...an eternity in blogger-land! And I DO wait a very long time between blogs...so I have been told. I changed the template about thirty times until I liked what I saw...simple and just the right green. My fave, you know.
Then I changed my title element. The picture. I played with it a little...then I adjusted the tone...then I placed it OVER my title and description. Hmmm...now no one will know "where they are". No title. Then it was back to make a copy of the picture, bring it up in the Navigator, and "oh cool, I can add text" lightbulb...and VOILA...a new title element! I like it. I like it a lot.
Still...this in not the REAL reason I am blogging today. Of course it's not! See the new picture? That's right...that's why.
What a beautiful day Rachigga and Prince Charming had for their wedding day! It WAS B-E-A-U-TIFUL! the weather was perfect...the Bride was perfect...the Groom was perfect. It was the perfect story-book wedding day. Seriously. It was touching and funny and precious and awesome. It was...amazing. Chief looked especially handsome in those Chief Dress Chokers and her girls were stunning and comfortable. The girls are like MY girls. I love them all dearly. The guys...well...let me just say I was never more impressed with a group of groomsmen. They were respectful and an absolute riot to be around! We laughed and joked and really had a great time with all of them. Thanks guys! Z-man...Flower...Beautiful...New York...Bright Eyes...amazingly well behaved and obviously proud and happy to share in the celebration!
My babies are now all married with babies of their own. All married. Weird. All over 21. All with spouses and children. Spouses. And children. Man...I am LOVING this.
Really? No...REALLY! I am so very proud of my children. Their lives. The people whom they have chosen to live with forever. Their love for their children. Their maturity. Their understanding. Their camaraderie. The love they ALL share for their precious Savior...a common thread many families cannot say they share...altogether. We all share much the same goals in life...all of us...and we do not have difficulty with one another if the implementation of those goals differ from time to time. Our "differences" make us a stronger family. We are protective of one another...and still do not stand in the way of one another. It's almost scary how dysfunctionally functional we are! I think I may need to look that up...can I use those two word in a sentence NEXT to one another?? HMMMMM....
I love US! This family...no matter how far we physically move from each other...is close. And we like it that way. Look at their faces. Smiling...not just for the camera...because they WANTED to be smiling. It was a smiley day! And beautiful...inside AND out. Happy and content. Inside AND out. It makes THIS Oma very proud...very proud indeed.

Here is Rachigga and her awesome photographer...HEY that's STEVIE! (yes...I said it.)

Isn't she beautiful?



A New Couple...

Brother and Sisters...

Moms and Dad...

Precious...
The most beautiful Flowergirl dresses EVER...thanks BFF!!

Little Man...Z-man!

Slow dancing Flower...
Just because I thought this was ADORABLE!
A New Family...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had such a WONDERFUL time! Thank you so much! The kids were dancing machines!!! ;)

JCsings4Him said...

I have a couple of pictures of those machines...I'll send them to you!

Unknown said...

I just LOVE seeing the pictures! I was dying to see the dresses neenee made, so I was glad to see these! Rachigga looks gorgeous as always and your family looks super happy!

Anonymous said...

FWIW... I LIKE IT TOO! What a beautiful family on a lovely blog!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful wedding. Your family is growing for sure. ALL beautiful people. You must be on top of the world. Now it is time to relax and focus on your hubby. Which one of these do you think he is?

"There are three kinds of men:
The ones that learn by reading.
The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves."

Jan said...

Joann! What a beautiful family you have! Those new granddaughters are gorgeous. You guys are definitely blessed.

Anonymous said...

just so beautiful Jo, what a splended new family you have! Lori