Pink

Pink

8.01.2008

"I'd rather have a minute of something wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special."

I ran into an old friend today. Well, I didn't actually RUN INTO her, we met each other in an aisle at Hobby Lobby...and she's really not old...per se...anyway...

She looks incredible. Her hair is growing back all curly and her face was beaming with joy. She shared some things with me in that aisle that caused me to ponder a little about life. Because hers could have been cut short. Because hers has been filled with much turmoil and sacrifice. Because hers is lived in the present...in the "now" so to speak. And there she was, in the middle of one of my fave places, telling me about how awesome God has been to her these last 10 years. Telling me about scripture that God gave to her personally, June 2, 1998. About how on June 2, 2008...10 long years later, that same scripture just happened to be her devotion for that day. How she couldn't have ever fathomed in her wildest imagination that God would have brought her full circle. To remind her of His sovereign will for her life. To remind her that He is in control. To remind her she need not worry...or fret...or wonder EVER if He loved her and had her life in the very center of His hands.

It was wonderful to see her. Beaming with joy. And that just caused me to ponder...to remind ME.

(From which movie will you hear my title?)

2 comments:

theciskekidsrblessings said...

Steel Magnolias?

Anonymous said...

DING DING DING...you WIN! :~)

Wish I could give you a prize! :~(