Pink

Pink

6.05.2007

Goodbye doesn't mean forever...

Okay...so this was going to be a blog about my leaving CLS and the graduation and the last meeting...blah, blah, blah.

Sorry. Not today. We got the call around 5:30 this morning. By 6:15 we were on our way up to Children's Hospital in Milwaukee. Some background: Chief and I took the Senior Pastor position in UG on January 1, 2006. In July 2005, when we didn't know a soul at that church, a little 9 year old girl, Maranda, had a double lung transplant. We met her in January. She was full of fun and spice and sweet stuff. She was a joy to watch, even when she was out of sorts. We grew to love her very quickly. In the spring of 2006, she got a cold. Then it was pneumonia. Months later, it was a drug-induced coma to help her little swollen body heal. They let her come home for Christmas, but it was back to the hospital soon after. Then she came home for a while. She lived with Grandma. She was most comfortable there...and feisty!! Like I said, full of spice. LOTS of spice!

She came to church when she could, spring is difficult with the newness everywhere. The blooming, the rain, etc. Then she was back in the hospital again. They knew her so very well...after nine years, you know they all became family to her. They scoped her lungs one last time.

She died at 11:00 this morning. She was 11 years old. Hardly fathomable, this little life could touch a soul in such a profound way. Strong to the very end. We held each other and cried, prayed and sang old hymns. She passed quietly, "without any fanfare, no trumpets, no loud noises, just gone." She stands, whole, with her Saviour. And mixed in with all of the weeping there is rejoicing that she is no longer in pain, no longer suffering.

I don't know, maybe she stands with Stephen, meeting him for the first time. Two young souls gone from this earth within three months. Ra-Chigga had a hard time. I am so glad she could be there.

So...that was our day. Anything else I COULD have blogged for today seems trivial now. I love my family. You ALL are my family. Thank you all for praying. :~)

5 comments:

jw26pt2 said...

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about Maranda. I remember hearing about her when we visited. We'll be praying for you all and for your church family.

You're not off the hook about blogging about CLS & graduation, though :)

Love, BFF

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, what a crappy day... In our prayers for sure.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, you two...makes me miss you both so much.

Lots to do this week with that and finishing the book...I'll blog about school soon...I promise.

Love love, love T's last blog with the book...I am so jealous!!! I wanna make a book!!!! :~)

Anonymous said...

Awww, my prayers go out to her family. But what a lovely story she had, and what a wonderful impact she left upon those that met her. Something they will never forget. I put you in faves Jo, smiles all cute. This way even if you DON'T mail or call me, I can keep up with whats going on in your life! Love you! Your most wonderful, yet so far away, sis

Anonymous said...

:( i will pray for Maranda's family and friends. what a horrible thing to go through for everyone. especially with someone so young. i'm really happy for HER though. take care jc. love you!