Pink

Pink

6.19.2007

Seacrest OUT!

I had a really cool picture of me in my "gown" walking with Dr. D...my last time to walk...but I couldn't get it to copy, so, you should just try to imagine it!! It was cool...all smiley. That's how I felt that night. Graduation night. June 1, 2007. 7:00 p.m. My last walk with the people I have grown to love and respect, to honor the students I have grown to love and respect. It was, oh what's the word I'm looking for (feet...sorry, momentary lapse for a Little Mermaid inflection)... ummm...stimulating...exciting...inspiring. Sure, all those words mean pretty much the same thing, but; they are what sum up the air of that night for me. It was actually a short two hours...usually it seems to drag on and on, but not this night. I was even happy to hear PB's final farewell. A little campy, but he was actually pretty good...and brief. He "passed the torch" as it were, to Mrs. Nelson, which she whole-heartedly accepted. No, duh.


But, let me tell you, the highlight of the evening wasn't the walk, or the speeches, the kids, or my colleagues. It wasn't even my mad dash for the back door, getting into my mini-van and driving home in the rain. It was BEFORE I walked. Before we lined up. It was when I went up to my room to get my robe and found this oblong "thing" on my desk. You all know how much I really love American Idol. I do. I REALLY, REALLY do! So, I take a look at this "package". Approximately 9 x 13...a clear top...A CAKE!!! Cool. But...what's that written on top of it in big, thick blue and red frosting????

"SEACREST OUT!"

Only Lisa. She was the one. She made me laugh out loud and then cry almost exactly at the same time! I hadn't really thought about how much I would miss her, and almost everyone else. It was definately a "light bulb moment". So, I walked down stairs, cake and about 15 cards that students had left on my desk that last day, in my arms, and put everything in my van and went inside to line up and walk. It was almost the perfect ending to an almost perfect 9 year run.

So, I leave you with a picture of Chief and myself at the last event I will probably ever chaperone for CLS. Here's to the love, people!!!


4 comments:

jw26pt2 said...

AWWWwwww... great job, Lisa!
I would almost go back to hear PB's speech. Almost.
Best wishes to Mrs. Nelson.
Congratulations on your retirement! BTW, Maestro will not be blue. And it's no longer my favorite color!
Love, BFF

Anonymous said...

You guys look FANTASTIC. Congratulations on changing lives for 9 years. You did a great job Mrs Taestry. Can't wait to see you guys.

Weight an evangelist carries with God = 1 billigram

"Poppy out"

Anonymous said...

Thanks you guys!!! I am so excited you are coming to visit...let's plan to get together more than once...we can come up by you, too!!! I'm thinkin' birthday party for Poppy!!! Sorry about Maestro. Maybe he should create his own group. You just can't keep that kind of talen all to yourself...he needs to share at least some of it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you...BFF

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing for Lisa to do and what a wonderful picture of you and CArl. So tell me Jo, do ya MISS work yet? Grins from your sis