Pink

Pink

7.28.2007

"Don't Rain on My Parade..."

I've become obsessed with the Standalone Player from my Myspace. I am listening to it right now. "Walk This Way...just give me a kiss! ...like this...!" I found it on Rachigga's space and thought...WOW more than ONE song!!!!! I have changed my list, like, 20 times this past week alone. I love it. Aerosmith...the Beatles...Judy Garland...John Denver...Ella Fitzgerald...Rascal Flatts...Barbra Striesand...Carol King...of course there's Babbie Mason and Chris Tomlin and Mercy Me, too. I have come to see how incredibly eclectic I truly am! I have always said I love all music.

But I have come to see something else. I NEED these songs. We all know that music is very therapeutic...calming and exhilarating all at the same time. It transcends all language barriers, all generational "gaps" so to speak. For me, it is an incredible life source. Music. Singing. Singers. Musicians. All there just to lift me. To encourage me. To make me wanna dance. To make me wanna cry. To make me wanna shout for joy. Makes me wanna sing along! And I do, believe me!

Anyone who knows me, knows I will sing along with just about anything and anyone. Not a huge Opera sing-a-long person, but I have been known to rap a little. Usually by myself. Or with Rachigga...she made me do this "thing" and then recorded me on her phone. Evidence...oh well!

And let me tell you that when I find a recording I haven't heard in, like, forever...I change my player asap!! Like an EARLY recording of Judy Garland singing Stormy Weather. Or Gene Kelly's Singin' in the Rain...you better believe I included it! Music is beautiful. And old and new and wonderful and awesome and most definitely an obsession.

Most importantly...it is a gift. A joy. Anointed. Holy. Reverent. "Begin the music, strike the tambourine, play the melodious harp and lyre." Psalm 81:2 Oh how I love to worship through music. My absolute joy...my very essence. It excites me...getting close to that place where only Priests were allowed to go! I get to go there! And I love it there.

I know that Rascal Flatts or Andy Williams isn't praise and worship...but for me, their words lend themselves to lifting my spirit and bringing me to a place of peace. Their words encourage me, help me, allow me to see the place where I am at that moment and I can move from there to a better place.

I know, my interpretation is very broad, but...well...oh well! I can reminisce and Get Happy about Mayberry with Me and My Gang, (Would You Go With Me?) and then sing some good ole Mountain Music as I exalt my Wonderful Maker because He Can Work it Out Alright...and this is just The End of the Beginning! And I can do it all from the Boondocks!!

Have a Happy Day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the oldies but goodies, who ever they are, it's all Greek to me...

How much deeper would the ocean be without sponges?