Pink

Pink

1.07.2008

All ABOARD...First Stop: Lake Havasu City

I'm not sure how to begin! Our trip to Arizona was wonderful...delightful...restful...needed. I miss my BFF and her family. I was so happy to see her and Poppy...JuJu, Bwin and Sizzle. And Cissy...Rosebud...et al. To meet the "other" friends! :~) To spend one more New Year's Eve with our Bestest Friends Ever playing Pinnocle and drinking Champaigne! With Raspberries! Shades of six small children running around the house until they fell, exhausted, in the living room sleeping on a couch, or a sofa, on the floor while the parents bid on excruciatingly mind-bending hands of Pinnocle.

Remember when Happy fell asleep and started talking and scared ~T~ half to death?? Or one of our last New Year's Eves when Poppy got so sick? We prayed that whole week...then month...then year...then HEALED! That was...well...amazing.
Okay...so Pinnocle wasn't the ONLY thing we did New Year's Eve...there was Scrabble and OF COURSE...singing!

And Harmonizing...The there were THESE times:

Meeting Sizzle...
Uncle Carl LOVED playing...

"My name is Bubba...my cheeks are made outta rubba..."

hehehe...

No autographs...PLEASE!

Watching Poppy play ball...old man...still got it!!

And sitting in the hot tub and watching the Hummingbirds...

I miss our times of card-playing-tenderloin-grilling-laughing-til-we-cried-champaigne-drinking New Year's Eves!! We may never get to do it again...who knows...it was the best of times EVER.

Happy New Year, BFF...I am better for having known ye...

You heard me.

1 comment:

jw26pt2 said...

Wow, this is GREAT! You really captured what our trip was like. I was going to blog, but I think I'll just put a link to YOURS :) I love the NY's eve pix! Usually I hate pix of myself but we were having so much fun and it really brings me right back. THANK YOU!
Happy Birthday, Chief!
Love, BFF