Pink

Pink

4.13.2007

"Veeger requires the information..."

OH MY WORD!!!! This computer is WAY not worth initials...it needs the WHOLE PHRASE!!!! I wrote this entire LONG GREAT post and then it refused to display the page when I clicked it. AAAHHH...time for an upgrade...it's slow and annoying...I have Roadrunner for crying out loud...I should be able to sign onto my precious blog without having to comment on SOMEONE ELSE'S site...so please pardon the random comments you may receive...I just have so much in me to share!! Too many pictures, I suppose, time to break out the CD's and start burnin'!

Anyway...onto the real reason for the blog. It's 41 degrees outside! A virtual heatwave has descended upon us! And it's the LAST DAY OF SPRING BREAK! Of COURSE it is! I don't count the weekends during a break, I already get those off, so the weekdays are rare and precious between the months of September and May. So...God played a trick on us. He thinks He's so funny. Actually...He's the ONLY one who thinks He's funny (a line usually reserved for Chief). Now, now...my thinking is not blasphemy...I believe I can talk with God as I would with my closest friend. When I get frustrated, I say it. Period. It has brought us so much closer together! As long as I am willing to accept His honesty as well.

Again...I am really depressed (tongue-in-cheek) that it is the last day of vaca and I have to go back to those same four walls and those same apathetic students on Monday. And I am sure a few of them will be SO disappointed they are receiving a ZERO on their pages. Actually, they probably won't care at all...hence the apathy. In another week, I will tell them all that I will not be back to "advise" them next year...silent shouts of joy from most of them, I am sure, but, still, maybe a few tears from the closer ones who have put in a lot of time training ME! But that will be another post at another time. "Another time and another place..." Sorry...just reminicising for a moment.

So...tomorrow...in less than 24 hours... I will perform my first duty as a Pastor's wife. Ladies Bible Study. What was I thinking??? I am NOT A TEACHER!! Okay...I am NOT A FACILITATOR!! It is absolutely too late to turn back now. I have chosen and purchased the material, I have chosen the day, I have chosen the time, I put it in the bulletin, I sent out the reminder cards I so lovingly created on my slow, but needed computer. I guess the key phrase here would be: "I have chosen", wouldn't it? Okay...it's only one Saturday a month and it will be aptly and confidently taught by Beth Moore (one of the most annointed Bible Study teachers I have ever had the pleasure of learning through) and I can SO make cookies and a pot of coffee and put fruit in a bowl and set up tables and chairs and work a TV and DVD player. It's BEFORE the DVD. The "welcome to First Assembly of God and our first meeting on the study of Daniel..." and the words that follow that has me rattled.

Still...I am sure I will make many more mistakes than the ones I MAY make tomorrow morning, and Chief will still be the Senior Pastor, and they will still love him even though his wife can not say outloud a string of carefully chosen words without tripping on them. Too bad I can't just write them out for them to READ...now that would be easy! What's the phrase? Better to appear a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Something like that.

SO...tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow...a better day! And I am on my way to Hobby Lobby! WOOHOO!

6 comments:

jw26pt2 said...

Hey, we were just talking about Hobby Lobby! I LOVE that place! What if you put the words to music and SANG them?? Wouldn't that be easier? And more comfortable for you? Really, as I read your post, I don't see what you would have a problem with -- I've had your cookies & coffee :) and I've heard you give intros. So no sweat. Have fun.
Love, BFF

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! Oh man...Care Group and Crown Ministeries!! Those were the days! And...here's another memory buster...shades of the 1980's Missions banquets...I made little cream puffs last night. And I filled them with sweet whipped cream and strawberries. Oh momma. And I made them all bookmarks. So, if my words don't work, maybe the little bribe-y tokens of my affection will shine above them! ;~)

theciskekidsrblessings said...

Sometimes it helps to just fake the confidence... then when you are finished, you realize it wasn't fake at all, that you really CAN do it! And I know you can!
Well, its 45 min before it starts, good thing I live 2 sec away... need to get going to get ready... I only have 45 min!!

theciskekidsrblessings said...

Oh, and when is the Hobby Lobby trip! I want in!!!

jw26pt2 said...

Oh, I can taste the cream puffs!!! We do have some great memories...
Did you stamp the bookmarks? I bet they were cute

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping all was well, my best wishes are late, I suppose. But, I think the sweets are all that matters.

And, I sang along:

"So I'm w-aaaaiti-in'... for another time, and another place..." (the alto part, of course.)