Pink

Pink

4.04.2007

"Cry, Cry, Weep, Wail and Moan!"

So...maybe every other post title should be a line from a movie. Anyone know which one this is from??

Anyway...it is an appropriate title, I am feeling crummy. Stressed, depressed, warmly dressed and awkwardly pressed. It's cold. And incredibly windy. Thundering. No, wait, oh...yup. Thundering. With snow in the forecast. A white Easter with an outdoor egg hunt in the making. WOOHOO. It's "that time" and it's hurting because it was WAY late...like "oh-my-goodness,-I-think-I-could-be-pregnant" late, so it's really hurting. And I am sitting in school knowing I have this enormous deadline tomorrow and I CAN'T GET INTO THE STUPID WEB SITE TO COMPLETE MY PAGES! And, of course, my students haven't completed their assignments so that means I get to complete them because this is the school yearbook, their year chronicled for eternity, and the school would frown on paying for blank pages. So someone has to complete them. Guess that would be me. And a big, fat ZERO for them!

Definately an appropriate title. This is the point where I turn it all around and count my blessings and write about sugar and flowers and cinnamon and whatever other words would fit into this slot depicting happiness and harmony. But, you know what? Not today. because sometimes this IS the happiness and harmony. Life isn't all flowers and sugar (now, chocolate...that's a whole other post in and of itself!). I can accept that. I do accept that. In fact, if I didn't have days like this one, I wouldn't appreciate the great ones as much as I do. I know my blessings, I don't need to be reminded of them, they are blatantly in my path, and I am painfully aware that my complaining spirit diminishes the light of them. I am still hurting, although not as depressed, still warmly dressed though not as pressed as when I first got here. And I just found out that our rep for our yearbook company was fired.

The day is beginning to look brighter!

4 comments:

theciskekidsrblessings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
theciskekidsrblessings said...

I deleted my comment before because the image i tried to put came up as jibberish!

but, go to my blog and look at your grandkids! Hopefully they will cheer you up... Zech is breath-takingly beautiful today!

this is a link to the picture I tried to put up!http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/zechs_my_blessing/ZEaster32a.jpg

jw26pt2 said...

The Brave Little Toaster!
Kirby says it :)
Thanks, that was funny, even if the rest of the post wasn't supposed to be.
And I love that the manager was fired. Sorry, but that was funny too.
I really to have to get another post going. I have one half-written but I didn't finish it. And now I'll have to do a post on the Josh concert. I'll just say OMW!!!!!
I'll be blogging soon,
love, BFF

Anonymous said...

I like this post. I do think there's something OK, and maybe even beautiful, about our dark times. There are things to be learned there, even if it is just to feel the opposite swing of the pendulum.

I LOVE that you've separated chocolate from the other frou frou sweet things. Chocolate is always OK. Maybe even more appropriate for the not so frou frou times. Besides the serotonin, the dark, bittersweet stuff fits with the... erm... dark, bittersweet times. (?) I don't know, had to justify it somehow!